We advise various sectors of the industry on matters such as antitrust, regulation and damages estimation in arbitration proceedings.
- Cartel screening and analysis.
- Identification of relevant markets.
- Effect analysis in abuse of dominance cases.
- Estimation of fines and damages resulting from anticompetitive behavior, such as price fixing, abuse of dominant position, bid rigging, misleading advertising and other practices.
- Evaluation of business concentration operations and analysis of contingent situations.
- Regulatory impact analysis of initiatives from Congress or other sector regulatory agencies.
- Advice on rate regulation processes for companies in the transport infrastructure sectors.
- Preparation of economic-financial expert opinions in arbitration proceedings, auditing and review of expert reports, and providing guidance in litigation to the legal team.
“The firm is distinguished for having a team with economists who solve complex problems with a quantitative and qualitative economic analysis. This, complemented with a legal approach, guarantees innovative solutions to their clients.”
“The economic consulting area has experience in market analysis for merger control procedures, estimation of fines and damages derived from anticompetitive conducts and the economic approach of regulatory tariff procedures, among others. In relation to judicial, arbitral and administrative proceedings, this area contributes with an economic approach to contract’s interpretation, damages calculation and the overall legal and economic strategy of each case. In relation to regulation procedures, the economic team of BFE+ has also provided advice for the application of quantitative and qualitative methodologies to assess the impact of regulations in the market.”