Eduardo earned his Master’s degree in Regulation from the London School of Economics and Political Sciences, United Kingdom, and his LL.B. from the Law School of Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (PUCP). His experience spans competition law, economic regulation, and network and concession industries, representing clients from the energy, transportation infrastructure and telecommunications sectors. He is fluent in English.
Partner of Bullard Falla Ezcurra+ since 2013. Prior to that, Eduardo was a partner in the Regulation practice area of Rodrigo Elías & Medrano, Santiváñez Abogados, and Lema, Solari & Santiváñez Abogados.
Eduardo also held the position of senior advisor, technical secretary and legal analyst at the Supervisory Agency for Private Investment in Telecommunications (OSIPTEL). Moreover, he worked at INDECOPI, the Peruvian competition authority, as a substitute member of the Free Competition Commission, a member of the Asset Restructuring Commission in Piura and a legal coordinator of the Economic Studies Management Department.
Eduardo has provided specialized consulting services to the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), the World Bank, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Peru Andean Trade Capacity Building Program (PATCB), the Supervisory Agency for Investment in Energy and Mining (OSINERGMIN), OSIPTEL, and the Supervisory Agency for Investment in Public Use Transport Infrastructure (OSITRAN).
Eduardo is a professor of Competition Law at the Law School and in the Master of Business Law program at PUCP. He also teaches the Competition Law course of the Master’s Degree in Public Utility Regulation and Infrastructure Management at Universidad del Pacífico.
He taught the Fundamentals of the Telecommunications Business and Regulation and Competition Law course of the Master’s Degree in Finance and Corporate Law at Universidad ESAN as well as the Competition Law course of the Master’s Degree in Regulation at Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas.
In addition, he taught courses in the university extension program offered by regulatory agencies, such as OSINERGMIN, OSIPTEL and OSITRAN.
Chambers & Partners
- Rated as an expert Latin American lawyer in Competition/Antitrust, Public Law, and TMT: Telecoms, Media, and Technology from 2009 to 2021 (Band 1).
- Ranked as a leader in the areas of Competition/Antitrust (Band 1), TMT (Telecoms, Media, Technology) (Band 2), and Public Law (Band 4) in 2022.
- Leading Lawyer in the category of Competition & Antitrust in 2021 and 2022.
- Excellent Lawyer in the category of Administrative Litigation in 2021 and 2022.
- Excellent Lawyer in the category of Telecommunications Law in 2021.
- Leading Individual in the category of Competition and Antitrust, and TMT (Technology, Media and Telecoms) in 2021.
- Recognized as 2022 Lawyer of the Year in the category of Competition and Antitrust Law, and Best Lawyers in the category of Administrative and Public Law.
- Recipient of the “British Chevening Scholarship” to pursue a master’s degree in England.
- Eduardo Quintana, Alejandro Falla and Lucía Villarán. Cartels Law and Practice in Peru. En: Chambers & Partners, (2020 and 2021).
- Eduardo Quintana, Alejandro Falla, Lucía Villarán and Andrea Cadenas. Merger Control Law and Practice in Peru. En: Chambers & Partners, (2020 and 2021).
- Eduardo Quintana. Control de concentraciones en el Perú: Ingreso a las ligas mayores, (2019).
- Eduardo Quintana and Lucía Villarán. Regulación de entrada: experiencia peruana sobre prohibiciones y restricciones para el acceso al mercado. Ius et Veritas No. 53, (2016).
- Eduardo Quintana. Libre Competencia. INDECOPI. Publicado por el Vigésimo Aniversario del INDECOPI, (2013).
- Eduardo Quintana and Alejandro Falla. Derecho Comunitario Andino. Capítulo: Derecho de la competencia en la Comunidad Andina. Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, (2003).